Life of a parish

Siniloan (Manila Deanery). The parish was founded in 1980 by Fr. Filimon Castro and is the first Orthodox parish in the Philippines after most Orthodox Russian refugees left Tubabao Island in 1951 and their churches were destroyed by a typhoon. Until 1995, the parish belonged to the non-canonical Orthodox Catholic Church, and then to the Constantinople Orthodox Church. Since 2020 , the parish has been converted to the Russian Orthodox Church